Volunteer applications are open 21 June – 20 August, 2022.
Once your application is received (including your valid Working With Children card information), you will have a short phone interview to assess your suitability. Successful applicants will then be allocated for shifts based on the availability provided and complete online training
Yes! A valid Working With Children card is required for all Melbourne Royal volunteer roles.
Click here to learn more about getting a WWC
Melbourne Royal Show Volunteers must be over 18 years old
Melbourne Royal Show Volunteer shifts range in length from 4.5 hrs to 8 hrs. Volunteers are requested to attend a minimum of 2 shifts, and a maximum of 8, on no more than 4 consecutive days.
You will receive:
- The opportunity to meet and work with other amazing people,
- The chance to get behind the scenes of Victoria’s largest community event,
- At least 2 tickets to the Melbourne Royal Show for each shift you complete.
- A Showbag to say "thank you",
- Commemorative Melbourne Royal Show Volunteer cap and water bottle to keep, and
- For shifts of 5hrs or more, you will be given a $15 meal card.