Volunteer applications are open July 23 – August 31, 2019.
Once your application is received by August 31 (including your valid Working With Children card information), you will have a short phone interview to assess your suitability. Successful applicants will then be invited to register for shift and complete online training
Yes! A valid Working With Children card is required for all RASV volunteer roles.
If you don’t already have a valid WWC, it’s a good idea to apply for one now so you’re ready when applications open – it’s free! – but it might take some time so best to get it going soon.
You will need your application number or valid WWC number to complete your application to volunteer at the RMS.
Click here to learn more about getting a WWC
Royal Melbourne Show Volunteers must be over 18 years old
Royal Melbourne Show Volunteer shifts range in length from 4.5 hrs to 8 hrs and we ask RMS volunteers to take on a minimum of 2 shifts, and a maximum of 8, on no more than 4 consecutive days.
You will receive:
- the opportunity to meet and work with other amazing people,
- the chance to get behind the scenes of Victoria’s largest community event,
- at least 2 tickets to the Royal Melbourne Show for each shift you complete (some shifts offer 3 tickets!),
- a Show Bag to say thank you,
- commemorative Royal Melbourne Show Volunteer cap to keep, and
- for shifts of 5hrs or more, you will be given a $15 meal card.