Find the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions regarding all things Melbourne Royal Show.
TicketsDoes my Show ticket get me in to AfterDark?
Yes, all tickets will admit you to the Melbourne Royal Show and you can stay for the AfterDark program from 5pm.
You can buy tickets online at royalshow.com.au.
This year, ticket purchasers are required to select a day to attend. If you’re looking at returning on multiple days, a new transaction is required for each different date. If this is the case, you may want to consider purchasing a Melbourne Royal Membership to receive unlimited Show entry.
Please ensure that your nominated date/s have been selected correctly as Melbourne Royal is not liable to provide a refund or exchange tickets for cancellation of any reason. You can view the Terms and Conditions of purchase before checking out.
Children 5 to 14 years must purchase a complimentary ticket via royalshow.com.au and present it upon entry.
Tickets are not required for children four years and under.
No, tickets and rides vouchers for the Melbourne Royal Show are only available for purchase online. No tickets will be available for purchase at the gate upon arrival to Melbourne Showgrounds.
- Secondary & tertiary school students and students of Agriculture
- Health Care card holders (with valid ID)
- Companion and Carer card holders
- Companion Entry: Must hold a government issued Companion Card to be eligible for a free ticket.
- For more information on the Companion Card, please visit http://www.companioncard.vic.gov.au
- Verification of a valid card may be asked at entry
A ticket is not required for individuals that hold a government-issued Companion Card. Individuals must present a valid Companion Card upon arrival to be eligible for free entry.
For more information on the Companion Card, please visit http://www.companioncard.vic.gov.au
A ticket is not required for individuals that hold a Victorian Carers Card.
For more information on the Cares Card, please visit https://www.carersvictoria.org.au/benefits/victorian-carer-card
When purchasing your tickets and rides vouchers on royalshow.com.au please ensure that your nominated date/s have been selected correctly as Melbourne Royal is not liable to provide a refund or exchange tickets for cancellation of any reason. You can view the Terms and Conditions of purchase before checking out.
During peak sale periods, tickets purchased from royalshow.com.au may take some time to reach your inbox.
Please check your inbox and junk folder for your tickets and allow up to 30 minutes before contacting us to follow up on your tickets.
Emails will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe you have entered an incorrect email address or you still haven’t received your tickets send us an email at email@example.com with your full name and email address used during checkout.
It is advised that child complimentary ticket holders, bring their student ID card or another form of ID as you may be asked for proof of age upon arrival.
Pre-purchase Ticket Saver is available to purchase until 9.00PM AEST Tuesday 20 September 2022
Adult (save 15%)......................................................$38.25
Concession (save 10%) ...........................................$28.80
Child (14 years and under)........................................Free entry
(must present complimentary ticket upon entry)
Purchase your rides voucher in the same transaction as your ticket online and save.
Super Saver Rides
Save Up to 27% on Rides, Available to Purchase Online With Your Tickets
$50 rides pass.......................................................$40
$75 rides pass.......................................................$60
$100 rides pass.....................................................$75
$150 rides pass.....................................................$110
RidesCan I purchase rides passes at the Melbourne Royal Show?
No. The rides pass offer is only available online and must be purchased prior to arrival.
Payment is available at ticket booths located throughout the Melbourne Royal Show.
You can use the rides pass over multiple days of the 2022 Melbourne Royal Show as long as there is money on the card.
Rides passes are valid from 22 September 2022 - 2 October 2022.
General InfoWhen is the 2022 Melbourne Royal Show?
Thursday 22nd September – Sunday 2nd October 2022
Public transport is the best way of getting to Melbourne Showgrounds for the Melbourne Royal Show, particularly traveling by train. Visit the Metro Trains site to plan your journey.
Metro trains run from Flinders St Station, stopping Southern Cross and Nth Melbourne stations. Service starts 9.10am. Last train to city departs Melbourne Showgrounds at 10.30pm.
Route 57 from Stop 1 Elizabeth St/Flinders St to Stop 32 Sandown Rd/Epsom Rd. Extra trams run every day of the Show. Services start 6am Monday-Saturday, 7.36am on Sunday. Get the Tram Tracker app for real-time tram arrival information.
- Catch 404 service from Footscray to Moonee Ponds- to Ascot Vale Rd/ Epsom Rd
- Catch 472 service from Williamstown to Moonee Ponds- to Langs Rd/ Epsom Rd
- Both of these services travel regularly to Melbourne Showgrounds precinct.
ON SATURDAY 1 OCTOBER CARPARKING WILL BE EXTREMELY LIMITED DUE TO OTHER EVENTS IN THE AREA – public transport will be the best way to get to the Showgrounds. Metro trains are providing additional services.
PLAN YOUR JOURNEY
Visit Public Transport Victoria's journey planner at www.ptv.vic.gov.au to plan your journey. Enter your origin address, set your destination as a landmark and enter Melbourne Showgrounds.
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and email address. If you are enquiring about tickets please supply the email address used during checkout.
There are limited Accessible Parking spaces in Leonard Crescent, off Langs Rd. If Accessible Parking is not available in Leonard Cres, drivers should drop customers with accessibility needs outside Gate 5, then proceed to either Ascot Vale West Primary School or Flemington car park.
FacilitiesCan I bring my bicycle?
- Bicycles are not allowed into the Showgrounds after 8.30am
- There are no facilities for locking bicycles at the Showgrounds
- There is an area at the front of the Ascot Vale Leisure Centre, Epsom Rd, where patrons may lock their bikes however availability and security cannot be guaranteed
There are no charging facilities onsite. Visitors are advised to bring a portable phone charger to ensure their phones remain charged.
CompetitionsEarly entry – Horse Comps
- The Horses in Action program begins on Wednesday 21st September this year and will be a 12-day program. Access to the grounds on this day will be confirmed prior to the Show opening.
- The Horses in Action schedule is extremely full and subsequently competition commences before gate open times each day of the Show to ensure that the full programme of events can be completed.
- The Show officially opens at 9.30am
- Patrons who require early access to the Showgrounds for horse events, need to have a pre-purchased ticket. Early admission will only be permitted by the Supervisor at Gate 1 (Epsom Rd) when early access has been granted by the team on ground.
Conditions of EntryConditions of Entry
Entry by any person into the Melbourne Showgrounds is subject to these terms and conditions.