We're a finalist in the 2019 Melbourne Awards!10 October, 2019
The Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria has conducted Victoria’s largest and most iconic community event, the Royal Melbourne Show for more than 160 years. This year we're so excited to learn we're a finalist for our city’s highest accolade, the Melbourne Awards.
Lord Mayor Sally Capp said the Melbourne Awards celebrate the inspiring people and organisations that create a better Melbourne through their work.
"This year's finalists are a diverse group but they all share a passion and commitment for making Melbourne a better place to live, work and visit," the Lord Mayor said.
"The finalists include some of our renowned events and institutions as well as little known organisations that work behind-the-scenes to help build community spirit.
The 17th annual Melbourne Awards highlight seven areas in which people and organisations contribute to Melbourne as a thriving, forward-thinking capital city: Community, Environment, Aboriginal Melbourne, Arts and Events, Hospitality, Health and Wellbeing, and Urban Design.
With 24 organisations in the running across seven areas, we're looking forward to attending the Melbourne Awards gala dinner on 16th November to celebrate the winners.
2019 MELBOURNE AWARD FINALISTS
- The Winter Village
- Arbory Afloat
- Dans Le Noir?
- Metropolis Events
Health and Wellbeing Category:
- Art of Science - Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
- Little Dreamers Australia
- The RCH National Child Health Poll
- Rainbow Celebration/Carlton Baths/YMCA Victoria
- Carlton Legal Service
- SalamFest Muslim Arts Festival
- Beaconsfield Dental
- Southbank Sustainability Group
- Pony Up for Good
Aboriginal Melbourne Category:
- Pawa Catering and Events
- Birrarangga Film Festival & Blak Masterclass
Arts and Events Category:
- Royal Melbourne Show
- Midsumma Festival
- Pause Fest
- Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Sidney Myer Music Bowl Free Concerts
Urban Design Category:
- BKK Architects - Swan St Bridge upgrade
- Carlton Primary School and Early Years & Family Services Centre
- Openwork – RMIT 100
- Parliament of Victoria Members' Annexe.
For more information visit Melbourne Awards.