As a proud sponsor of the Royal Melbourne Show, Agriculture Victoria will showcase our agriculture future
The Livestock Pavilion will display some of the showpiece initiatives that make agriculture so diverse and intriguing.
Agriculture Victoria will be promoting:
- Digital agriculture – Victoria is on track to becoming Australia’s agricultural tech hub. On-farm Internet-of-Things trials are underway that could have a huge impact on industries across the state. Find out how.
- Artisanal Agriculture and Premium Food – Victoria’s artisanal sector is vibrant and flourishing. Agriculture Victoria is supporting the growth of this diverse, innovative and delicious sector to flourish and grow.
- Victoria Rural Women’s Network (VRWN) – The network focusses on support, inclusion, access to opportunities and empowerment. Put your hand up to be part of this strong group of women.
- On-farm Energy – Have your interest sparked by the Agricultural Energy Investment Plan which supports farmers to become more energy efficient, including through on-farm assessments and grants.
- Food Innovation Network – Learn about this virtual one-stop shop for Victorian food businesses to engage with innovation services.
- Sheep Electronic Identification – Victoria is the first state in Australia to require mandatory electronic identification for sheep and goats. This dramatically improves Victoria’s ability to track animals in a disease or food safety emergency. Electronic identification of sheep and goats also gives trading partners increased confidence in the safety and origin of Victorian products.
- Cutting through red-tape – Agriculture Victoria has developed an on-line package to assist farmers navigate regulatory requirements for on-farm infrastructure projects. You can move virtual buildings to see if it makes it easier or harder to be approved.
Come on down to the Livestock Pavilion and find out how Agriculture Victoria can help you, your family, and your community.