See Australia’s finest horses and riders strive for blue ribbon glory in the Horses In Action program, one of Australia's most prestigious horse competitions attracting over 2500 entries each year.
From the thrilling athleticism of the Showjumping to the dignity and prestige of the historical Garryowen Equestrienne Turnout, from the fun and novelty of the Shetland Steeplechase to the grandeur of the Clydesdales, don’t miss the majestic excitement of the Horses in Action, held across all 11 days during the 2015 Royal Melbourne Show on Herald Sun Arena.
The Pony section will be held on Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 September including the Shetlands, Fairlight Acres Trophy and Fancy Dress Contest, where children and their ponies will be dressed in their finest costumes.
The Riding section including Junior, Intermediate, Ladies and Gents classes and the Show Horse section showcasing Galloways and Show Hacks will be on show from Sunday 20 until Tuesday 22 September, with the prestigious Racing Victoria Pope Cup also on Tuesday 22 September from 10:30am.
The Hunting section will see riders compete from Tuesday September 22 to Wednesday September 23.
Turnout Day on Wednesday 23 September will see Australia's top riders compete across a number of showing events including the J. Pemberton Equestrian Turnout, K.G. Luke Equestrian Turnout, John Lithgow Equestrienne Turnout, Esquire Equestrienne Turnout and the Garryowen Equestrienne Turnout which will see Australia's top female riders compete in the country's most prestigious showing event for women from 10:00am.
Australia's finest Jumping riders take to Herald Sun Arena from Thursday 24 to Sunday 27 September in a range of competitions including the FEI World Cup Jumping Qualifier event.
Head over to The Weekly Times Livestock Pavilion to see the Led Clydesdale classes as these gentle giants compete for blue ribbon glory on Friday 25 September.
The Light Harness judging will take place on Monday 28 and Tuesday 29 September as horses pull various style carriages in a show of their natural strength.
Watch as these incredibly intelligent animals do what they do best as they compete in a number of different disciplines, and learn how judges assess competitors to award the coveted blue ribbons!
When and where to see horses at the Show:
- Saturday 19 - Sunday 20 September – Ponies, Herald Sun Arena
- Sunday 20 - Tuesday 22 September - Riding, Herald Sun Arena
- Sunday 20 - Tuesday 22 September - Show Horses, Herald Sun Arena
- Tuesday 22 September- Wednesday 23 September - Hunting, Herald Sun Arena
- Wednesday 23 September - Turnouts, Herald Sun Arena
- Friday 25 September – Clydesdales, The Weekly Times Livestock Pavilion
- Friday 25 - Sunday 27 September - Jumping, Herald Sun Arena
- Monday 28 - Tuesday 29 September – Harness, Herald Sun Arena
- Sunday 20, Thursday 24 & Saturday 26 September – Shetland Steeplechase, Herald Sun Arena
- Daily in The Animal Farmyard
- Daily in Training Horses for Movie Magic – The Farmhouse